Friday 6 June 2014

SCAN LISTENER is showing Intermediate state in 11gR2 RAC

Hi, recently I met a problem with scan listener twice and I solved them in two different scenario.

when I observed in $crsctl stat res -t output scan listenr1 is showing intermediate state and lsnrctl status listener_scan1 is showing no services then I just did the below step in order to relocate the scan where it may belongs

$srvctl relocate scan_listener -i 2 -n ecdb1

it went fine in 1st time.  as other two scan listeners were running fine I did not touch them.

At the second time I faced the same issue, I tried to do the same as above but It all scan listeners were showing intermediate state.

I did the below steps to solve the problem.

step-1  stop all listeners running from ORACLE_HOME and GRID_HOME
$lsnrctl stop 
step-2  stop scan_listeners using srvctl stop scan in the grid home
$srvctl stop scan_listener (stop all scan listeners)
step-3 start the scan using srvctl start scan from grid home
$ srvctl stop scan (stop all scan VIPS)
step-4 start scan VIP using srvctl start scan the scan_listeners from grid home
$ srvctl start scan
$srvctl start scan_listener

Then start the listener from GRID_ORACLE_HOME, this has to be done carefully. Don't start the listener from RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME
now check in crsctl stat res -t scan listeners are online with no problem

 Please feel free to ask manojpalbabu@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment